As a singer/songwriter who’s also all about that plant-based, natural lifestyle, I’ve become somewhat of a connoisseur of healthy vegan snacks. 🌱
In fact, we have 2 ✌️ special eaters in our household (aside from the cats, most of which will eat pretty much anything):
Kira: plant-based and dairy-free
STATiC: allergic to gluten
Since we both like to eat the same meals (STATiC cooks amazing meals for both of us), we both pretty much stick to a plant-based, gluten-free diet. That’s why a lot of the snacks you’ll see below are gluten-free vegan snacks.
So, in case you don’t know (which, I know, it can be pretty confusing), vegan food means anything that’s free of animal products— no dairy, no meat, no honey – you get the gist.
As a non-vegan but plant-based girlie myself, while my personal diet includes honey and eggs, I definitely love me a good flavorful and fun vegan snack. That’s right, I’m not just munching on carrot sticks all day– I would go crazy!
My Go-To Grocery Stores
Here are the grocery stores that we frequent (and that are nearby to our home) to get healthy vegan snacks:
Trader Joe’s. my boy Joe ROCKS for affordable produce and canned foods. Just know that you might not find a ton of variety or favorite name-brands in here. Plus, in my experience, the produce can sometimes be a little wilted.
Whole Foods. a great option for those who get overwhelmed at grocery stores (me!) and want to order online for free pickup. Otherwise, even the interior of Whole Foods has an amazing, warm vibe. We’ll shop here for more specialty items that we can’t find at Trader Joe’s, or for produce that we know will be a little fresher than at our Trader Joe’s in Greenville, SC.
Lowes. this is the next place we’ll go to get even more quick and easy vegan snacks. It’s usually a little pricey, so we don’t go here for everything.
The following are more expensive grocery stores but have lots of niche vegan snacks that we sometimes can’t even find at the ones above!:
- The Fresh Market
- Earth Fare
Costco. I have to give STATiC credit for this— I get super overstimulated and anxious in the store and so he goes for us. 😭 You’d be surprised how many amazing brands are here if you’re a member! Siete, Simple Mills, and brands we don’t even see at specialty health food stores.
Amazon. They do have certain name-brand healthy vegan protein snacks here too, like fun and specialty ones before.
Healthy Vegan Snacks: Quick + Simple Go-To’s in My Home
Crunchy Vegan Snacks
- Siete Grain-Free Chips*— add Salsa or Guac
- Simple Mills Veggie Peta Crackers with VIOLIFE Just Like Feta*
- Artisan Tropic, Chips Cassava Yuca*
On-The-Go Vegan Snacks
- Daiya Cheeze Sticks Mozzerella Style*
- Aloha Bars* (my favorite flavors of the 9 are Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Mint and Peanut Butter Cup)
Note: I get queasy when I eat meal bars like these. These are great for long car rides when we don’t have healthy vegan snack recipes to eat, but we stick to whole food eating in the house.
Vegan Desserts + Treats
- Smart Sweets Peach Ring Gummies*
- Simple Mills Cocoa Cashew Creme Sandwich Cookies*
- Hu Almond Butter + Puffed Quinoa Chocolate Bar*
- Sweet Loren’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough*
Vegan Vitamins + Supplements
- MegaFood Magnesium Citrate + Malate*
- Garden of Life MyKind Organics Women’s Multi Gummy Vitamins*
- MetaCalm Stress Regulation (with L-Theanine)*
Bonus: Quick Vegan Meals
- Banza Plain Crust*
- Amy’s Vegan + Gluten-Free Burrito*
- Goodles Vegan is Believin’ Mac + Cheese
- Konscious Plant-Based California Rolls*
*Gluten-free vegan snacks
Tips for Choosing Healthy Vegan Snacks
Always read the labels. When we shop for vegan snacks, we always read the ingredients list to make sure it’s not being greenwashed. Greenwashing is making a product look healthy or eco-friendly without having good ingredients to show for it. Pay special attention to no-no ingredients, like:
- Artificial sweeteners, colors or preservatives
- Anything corn or corn-based as much as possible. We’re definitely not perfect about this, and some of the products above miiiight have a little bit of this. We’re always looking to improve as new food and brands come out.)
- Excessive added sugar— which you also might see as sucrose, maltose, or corn syrup. Stick to natural sugars like dates, maple syrup, or agave nectar.
Creativity often demands long hours of deep focus and concentration.
Whether I’m writing a song, laying down vocals, or hanging out in between sessions, I love vegan snacks to boost energy and creativity.
This list of healthy vegan snacks is always growing, and I’ll try my best to keep this list updated! There are plenty of affordable options— like Costco!— if you’re starting your journey and don’t have many health food stores around.
So the next time you go out, give one of these a try! I don’t doubt for a second that having healthy vegan snacks around the house keeps everyone satisfied, inspired, and just plain happy. 😊
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we'll receive a commission if you purchase through our link, at no extra cost to you.