Carving out a comfy yet workspace in a confined area can be… hard.
But the thing is, the size of your space should never limit the scope of your dreams. That’s where the magic of ✨ desks for small spaces ✨ comes in, to let you have a functional yet super cute workspace that suits whatever your creative needs might be.
That way, you can work-from-home comfortably and never feel like you need to escape to a bigger place. After all, small should at least feel cozy, too.
The REAL Challenge of Saving Space in Your Home Office or Studio
I remember living in our 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment, where having a desk for space spaces made a world of difference. I’d graduated from having a kids’ sized desk in our bedroom to having my own little small home office setup.
It was amazing, but it was tight, so I needed to make sure every piece of space was used with intention.
These were the challenges I had when I was living in that charming, cute but tiny area of workspace:
📏 Limited room to do work and music: at the time, I was working my full-time job and playing around with Garage Band when the day was over. As much as having two desks would have been great, that simply wasn’t in the cards— and that’s okay!
👩🎨 Keeping it stylish: I don’t know about you, but the vibe and energy of spaces affect the way I work. I remember the first time meeting STATiC and stepping into his (and eventually, our) apartment. It was oozing creativity at every angle. From the canopy lights to the customizable colored lighting to the eccentric colors that just screamed him, I immediately knew that in order to create beautifully, you need to live beautifully (whatever that means to you!)
✨ Getting funky(tional): Small spaces open means limited storage. I mean, how do you have a space-saving desk that’s organized, especially when you can’t spare much room for shelves or cabinets? It’s a conundrum I definitely faced (hint hint: read Marie Kondo’s two books, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and Spark Joy and you will never have to worry about this again.)
The good news is, you can find incredible desks for small spaces out there designed specifically to solve both your space-related and style-related dilemmas all in one. 👇
👩💻 Trendy and Compact Desks
- The Original Desk Stand Standing Desk
- Custom Fold-Up Desk — we love a good folding desk to completely put away when we don’t need it.
- Floating Plywood Murphy Desk — I think this is the cutest miniature workstation ever.
🔧 Unique + Multifunctional Desks
- Laptop Desk for Lying Down — literally, talk about a multi-functional desk!
- Murphy Floating Desk — I love floating and wall-mounted desks because you don’t have to worry about vacuuming around desk legs.
- Wall-Mounted Murphy — this narrow desk because it looks like a little bar table when you don’t need it.
🥰 Minimalist + Aesthetic Desks
- Writing/Console Table — this compact computer desk could totally live as a console table, too.
- Floating Desk — I love that this particular floating desk has two additional shelves for a bit more storage if you need it, without taking up any floor space.
- Walnut Wood Desk Table — if you’re into minimalist workspace furniture then this would be a great way to double your dining room table as a desk and keep a sleek vibe.
Plus, pair this with the PiperSong Meditation Chair and never try to fit criss-cross applesauce into a normal chair again. Legs, hips and back? Meet comfort.
If you liked these desks for small spaces, you might love this next… 🤍
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we'll receive a commission if you purchase through our link, at no extra cost to you.