That drab home office?
As Hilary Duff says, ✨so yesterday.✨
There’s no better feeling than gliding into a home office that you designed and curated specific to your design passions and helps you function in your work-from-home job. And there’s no better way to make your desk more inviting than being surrounded by things that spark joy for you.
That said, it’s easier said than done to snap your fingers and make a home desk aesthetic that works for you, so today, we’re breaking it down into the smallest little tips so you can start creating an aesthetic and cute home office space that you love. ?✨
Without further ado, here are 31 home office ideas to get your WFH desk a little more moody, a little more cozy, and a little more vibey, so you can be your most creative self, from aesthetic desk accessories to room design ideas and everything in between. ?
31 moody + cozy aesthetic desk ideas for a dream creative workspace
- Fairy lights, whether on your walls, hanging from your ceiling, wrapped inside a decor piece, or somewhere else creative. These instantly add some whimsy and texture to create a truly aesthetic room decor environment along with a little bit of lighting to boot!
- An authentic salt lamp, for warm and soothing vibes to your desk decor. Avoid these natural desk lamps if you have cats or pets that are prone to licking things, as these aren’t safe for your fuzzy little friends.
- Air plants add some greenery to your desk space without making it impossible to keep up with them! These need a sprinkling of water occasionally to thrive.
- Hanging terrarium, to keep your air plants, your favorite crystals, and other small pieces together in one place.
- Crystal display for decluttering your crystal collection for the wall. I love this planchette-shaped one I got from Etsy a few years ago!
- Dried lavender, for use as a no-upkeep floral bundle to place as added desk décor to instantly make your desk look like there’s nature all over it.
- Corkboard vision board, for visualizing your goals and manifestations each and every day. Tip: Have it detached from the wall so you can move it around as you please, especially if you don’t want extra noise filling up your walls.
8. Macrame wall hanging, for some immediate warmth and artisanal texture, especially in a flatter space without vintage home aspects like wainscoting or stone.
9. Antique clock, to find yourself at a local thrift store. I know, I know, we have our phones for this, but it’s nice to have something on the wall you can see all the time. Plus, it adds some texture and character to your space.
10. Lifted purple wireless aesthetic keyboard, to complement your desk with some extra pops of color and a fun typing experience to make work a bit more fun.
11. Chunky knit blanket, because who says you can’t work and be cozy at your office desk?
12. Woven rolling storage basket and filing cabinet, as an organizer and storing your papers but making it cute.
13. Pastel desk mat, for giving you a colorful desk without sacrificing aesthetic. (There are lots of patterns and edge types of your desk pad to choose from, btw!)
15. Oil diffuser, for keeping at your work desk (but far enough away from electronics) to keep your favorite smells in the room. It’s also important to limit these if you have pets, especially cats. Plus, this matte black design makes your desk look aesthetic as heck!
17. Decorative bowl for burning your palo santo, sage, or for storing little trinkets.
18. Coasters, so you can sip your favorite tea stress-free with a cute aesthetic and protect your desktop.
19. All-natural candles to decorate your desk with so your space can smell beautiful and be toxin-free. This candle should complement your office furniture and desk design through a simple, minimalist design that almost makes it look like a curated home decor piece on its own.
20. A dreamcatcher near your desk area, because who says these can’t just live in your bedroom? If you’re doing it right, you should be dreaming and in-flow in your office, too!
21. A tarot deck for when you need to pull for yourself, like this Brian Froud one we have.
22. An altar corner, designed with crystals, your tarot cards, candles, and anything else you need for moments of peace and prayer in your home office.
23. Stained glass in your windows, to make inbound sunbeams turn beautiful colors and shades and really make your desk a colorful spot to get creative.
24. A snack corner to add to your office space hidden in a drawer so you can have easy access without loud labels clouding up your aesthetic.
25. Crystal suncatchers to reflect even more sunlight into your work area without it being overly bright.
26. A beautiful and functional desk chair, like this Branch ergonomic chair or this kneeling wooden chair.
Related: The 6 best office chairs for long hours and working creatively (2023)
28. Color-changing light bulbs, so you can change the vibe of your WFH space every season, every day, or every hour if you’d like.
29. Cute hardware to add character to your furniture, whether they’re old vintage pieces looking for another life or a new piece
30. A natural jute rug, to add to the aesthetic of your space through warmth and grounding to your space without toxins.
31. Gorgeous witchy boho curtains, because who wouldn’t want these luxurious flowing beauties near their super cute desk? ?
I hope some of these aesthetic desk setup options help you get a little creative with your workspace so you can make your desk area exactly as you want it to be. There are so many decor styles you could be influenced by but with these little moody and cozy desk decor ideas, hopefully, you have a jumping-off point to make your WFH experience just the way you’d like.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we'll receive a commission if you purchase through our link, at no extra cost to you.