Cottagecore vs. honeycore— let’s talk about everything we know about these two interior design styles and what their real differences and similarities are. ?
(Anyone want to drink some tea with local honey while reading this? Because I’m SO in.)
And even though honeycore is something I just recently discovered (in interior design, no less!), it’s still something I really wanted to explore, and may I say, I have not been disappointed with it!
While you might have already heard of cottagecore, you probably haven’t heard of honeycore yet, so let’s dive (or swim, or, whatever you do in honey?) inside this gorgeous interior design trend and compare it to our old, vintage, nostalgic, feminine friend, miss cottagecore. ?
The Magic of Cottagecore Interior Design ?
What is Cottagecore Interior Design?
An aesthetic movement that celebrates the romanticized idea of rural living and a return to simpler times. Think fairy tales, cozy cottages, and everything whimsically vintage.
From an interior design perspective, this is all highlighting the pastoral, traditional, and simplistic elements of living and focusing on patterns like florals and gingham, light and gentle colors, and curves, softness, and feminine essence.
Cottagecore Interior Design Features
? Soft pastels
? Earthy greens
? Muted florals
? Rustic wooden pieces
? Antique finds
? Handcrafted details
? Dried flowers
? Porcelain tea sets
? Vintage books
The Sweetness of Honeycore Interior Design ?
What is Honeycore Interior Design?
Honeycore is all about the love for bees, honey, and everything sweet and golden. It’s the warmth of summer captured in an aesthetic, with a touch of vintage charm. If cottagecore resonates with you, but more on the summer-y side versus the springy side (where I think cottagecore typically lives), then honeycore might just be for you.
While cottagecore looks to the past, honeycore takes inspiration from nature, especially the intricate world of bees, and its rise? Might just be attributed to the growing awareness of the importance of bees and the pleasures of the simpler things in life. ?
Honeycore Interior Design Features
? Beeswax candles
? Amber glass
? Soft, glowing textiles
? Rich golds
? Warm ambers
? Sunny yellows
? Hints of earthy browns
? Vintage wooden pieces
? Honeycomb patterns
? Carved bee motifs
? Decorative honey jars
? Vintage bee illustrations
Cottagecore vs. Honeycore Interior Design Styles
So, while they’re definitely distinct, Cottagecore and Honeycore aren’t complete opposites. They both hold a little sprinkle of magic and whisper tales of bygone days and the wonders of nature. ??
- Nature-inspired: Both aesthetics deeply appreciate and pull inspiration from nature. Whether it’s the pastoral dreaminess of Cottagecore or the sweet reverence for bees in Honeycore, nature is the heart of these styles.
- Nostalgic AF: A love for the past is evident in both. Cottagecore leans into the romanticized vision of olden rural life, while Honeycore captures the vintage vibes with its emphasis on age-old practices of honey harvesting and the charm of bees.
- Authentic materials + thrifted furniture: Both styles value authentic, genuine materials and décor. Whether it’s sourcing actual vintage pieces for that Cottagecore vibe or using real beeswax candles in Honeycore settings, there’s a premium on authenticity.
Choose Cottagecore Interior Design If…
- You love cozy, pastoral dreams: If you’re all about that whimsical fairy tale vibe and the romance of bygone days, Cottagecore might be your go-to.
- You have a spacious setting with lots of green: Think large backyards, gardens, or spaces that can be filled with florals and rustic pieces.
Choose Honeycore Interior Design If…
- You adore the warmth of summer days: If you can’t get enough of that golden hour glow, and the idea of being surrounded by nature’s sweetest offerings thrills you, honeycore is probably your go-to.
- You have smaller, intimate spaces: Think cozy corners, reading nooks, or rooms that need a touch of warmth and vibrancy.
Which one do you love? Do you want to be covered by warm bees, or cozy in a nostalgic paradise? Whichever you choose, just remember one thing— design style rules are meant to be broken, so have fun designing your space and making it something truly your own. ??
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we'll receive a commission if you purchase through our link, at no extra cost to you.